Home |  News |  Conferences |  Commodities |  Publications |  Business Directory |  Resources |  Help
Go to the MEI Online homepage

click to find out about Process Mineralogy '18

Search Site:

MEI Online: Commodities: Metallic Ores: Silver: Latest News: June 2nd 2008


Click for more info on Flotation '19


:: Kupol Production Starts

Toronto's Kinross Gold says production at its Kupol mine and mill in the Chukotka region has begun. First gold and silver production is expected by the end of May from stockpiled ore. Based on the current schedule, full production capacity of 3,000 t/d should be reached by October 2008.

Kinross obtained its 75% interest in the Kupol project when it took over Bema Gold in 2006. The Chukotka government holds the remaining 25%. The $705-million project included an open pit, underground mine and mill. Total annual output will be approximately 500,000 oz of gold equivalent. The cost of gold sales is pegged at US$235 to $245 per oz AuEq, but that should drop to US$210 to $220 in Q4 2008.




Select the list(s) you'd like to join below, enter your email address, choose a content format and click "Join."
[more info]

MEI Online Update
MEI Online Job Vacancies


© 1998-2017, Minerals Engineering International

Email: amanda@min-eng.com