| || ||
Manager Project Metallurgy [September 25, 2017]
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Goldcorp is a leading gold producer focused on responsible mining practices with safe, low-cost production throughout the Americas. A portfolio of long-lived, high-quality assets positions the Company to deliver long-term value. A Canadian company headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia, Goldcorp employs more than 15,000 people worldwide. Goldcorp's operating assets include four mines in Canada, two mines in Mexico, and four in Central and South America. Goldcorp also has a pipeline of organic growth projects. The company is well-positioned to deliver sustained, industry leading growth and performance.
A Goldcorp career can take you from the far north of Canada to the plains of Argentina—and wherever you go, you'll find a vibrant, supportive, performance-driven culture, and consistent Goldcorp values of safe production, acting ethically, respecting all our stakeholders, open communication, empowering others and innovation.
Reporting to the Director Project Metallurgy, the Manager Project Metallurgy, will be responsible for developing, implementing and managing metallurgical testwork and process flowsheet development associated with the Company's study portfolio. The position will be responsible for the development of metallurgical testwork and process engineering design and modelling to ensure the risks and opportunities associated with capital investment decisions can be articulated, understood and compared. The Manager Project Metallurgist will be responsible for furthering the Project portfolio development by providing their technical expertise within these primary areas: pre-loading engineering support, key role as part of owner's team in detailed engineering (with external engineering firms), leading and development of metallurgical test programs, project planning, project management. The Manager Project Metallurgy will be accountable for reporting, benchmarking, development of trade-off studies, development of content for the Investment Committee, and the development of technical objectives within the study team. The position will work to ensure that all business related deliverables follow the objectives and meet the requirements included as part of the Goldcorp Investment Framework.
- Actively collaborate with and nurture study teams through leadership practices, development of effective team relationships throughout the Company and information sharing;
- Actively participate in and lead Options Development Workshops in conjunction with Study Directors and other stakeholders for project option identification and analysis, and co-lead the presentation of workshop outcomes to steering committees;
- Participate as the business lead for integrated planning session discussions, project stage kick-off meetings and stage-gate reviews;
- Apply expert understanding of study/project details, regional and global strategic goals to develop compelling recommendations for investment decisions;
- Development and management of laboratory testwork, interpretation of laboratory and pilot results.
- Development of design criteria, mass and water balances.
- Flowsheet development.
- Equipment sizing and communication with vendors to ensure that equipment selected meets process needs.
- Working with a project team, including development of layouts, assistance with piping selection, and development of process control philosophies.
- Assisting mechanical engineers in preparing specifications for mineral processing equipment (crushers, conveyors, screens, cyclones, pumps, flotation cells, process agitators, air compressors, etc.).
- Apply innovative thinking to flowsheet and metallurgical process development.
- Interaction with other Consultants and Clients as required by the project.
- Assistance with development of capital and operating costs.
- Generate portfolio-level analyses and communicate results to senior management;
- Provide functional leadership, education and training to junior professionals;
- Articulate business risks and opportunities to management;
- Perform financial analysis including development of trade-off study financial models, sensitivity and range analysis;
- Provide assurance that technical inputs to financial models comply with Goldcorp Investment Framework standards;
- Management of the Project Controls function associated with studies including all budgeting, cost tracking, forecasting and reporting.
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor of Science in Mining, Mineral Process, Metallurgy or Chemical Engineering
- Minimum of 10-15 years' experience with the Mineral Mining and Processing sector.
- Candidates should have familiarity with Canadian codes and standards as applicable to the processing/mining industry and experience with gold metallurgy and base metal flotation.
- Operational and site experience is an asset.
- Skills in modeling and processing simulation are advantageous.
- Registration with the Association of Professional Engineers, B.C. or alternate regional Association is an asset.
- Able to combine detailed technical data with well-developed economic assumptions to generate sound valuation models and business cases for investment opportunities
- Strong technical analysis skills including the ability to understand engineering design criteria and standards, metallurgical testwork and operational data.
- Ability to apply business, financial and technical acumen to strategic thinking concepts grounded in the metallurgy and processing field is critical.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate complex technical issues in a straight-forward way for non-technical team members.
- Experience in operations or a project development environment involving complex gold deposits, with demonstrated strong technical skills, supplemented with experience in mining project process development.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- French and Spanish language skills are beneficial.
Goldcorp Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
How to Apply: Applications close on September 28, 2017. Submit your application directly on our website www.goldcorp.com/careers (Job ID COR00001853). Please ensure you attach your resume as part of your online application.