| || ||
Senior Metallurgist [December 7, 2018]
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The Kinross Corporate Head Office is located in downtown Toronto and supports Kinross operations and projects worldwide. Corporate functions include Finance, Procurement, Health & Safety, Human Resources, IT and Investor Relations.
- Use advanced-level knowledge to support mineral processing projects and operational support.
- Directly manages programs conducted in laboratories and testing facilities for projects
- Acts as an ambassador for continuous improvement within metallurgy; introduces new methodologies and tools to improve current practices.
- Interacts with Operations Strategy and Technical Services personnel to define characteristics of ore resources/ reserves and corporate initiatives for operations excellence.
- Participates in technical projects
- Interacts with and/or supervises consultants and engineering groups engaged in development of specific Kinross processing projects at new or existing sites.
- Collaborates with cross functional teams and considers the business impact of decisions on diverse groups.
- Provides input to establishing best practice among the group of operations in mill metallurgical accounting practices and review of daily, monthly and annual metallurgical reports
- Provides technical input to site-based studies and operational improvements under mandate from regional directors.
- Monitors and evaluates metallurgical performance of the selected operations and if required develops and executes test programs for improving mill recovery, throughput and costs. To advise the management group on mineral processing and metallurgy
- Prepares business cases and reports regarding projects and initiatives and presents recommendations and status updates to key stakeholders
- Collaborates with peers to identify and analyze risks and opportunities related to the function.
- Participate in technical due diligence reviews
- Fields queries and issues related to technical area of expertise
- Participates in technical audits to support operations.
More information & apply