|Home News Conferences Commodities Publications Business Directory Resources Help|
:: Sonar Bed Level Transmitter to Control Compact Bed Level
Hawk, a leading global provider of level, positioning and flow measurement technology, has introduced a BREAKTHROUGH in interface level measurement.
Use of Hawk ‘ORCA’ Sonar Bed Level Transmitter to control compact bed level/hindered layer level to maximize the efficiency and performance of Tailings Thickeners, CCD’s, Hi-Rate Thickeners, Lamella Thickeners and Clarifiers.
By monitoring the two independent interface densities we are able to provide reliable process feedback for:
1. Control of the underflow pump to optimize the underflow density.
2. Removes operators from manually controlling underflow pumps based on rake torque and bed pressure which are greatly affected by density change.
3. Allows operations to run thickener at manufacturer’s optimum design levels with less risk of rake overload.
4. Using both compact bed and hindered/interface layer provides only reliable real-time process settling conditions based on deviation changes to the two independent densities caused by changes in ore type, hydraulic changes, flocculant dosing, coagulant dosing etc which all affect settling conditions.
5. Reduces overall chemical costs by providing a bias in dosing chemical to the minimum dose at all times.
6. Reduces electricity costs on returning water from tailings dams by pumping optimized tailings bed densities.
7. Provides a supplementary control for flocculant dosing or can control the flocculant dosing.
The new Hawk transducer designs include three to seven sonar crystals mounted in a single head. Each sonar array produces a concentrated sonar beam, providing more emitted power and collecting more returned signals. Array transducers yield better penetration, higher sensitivity, and better overall performance with significant savings in the most difficult environments.
For further information:
© 1998-2017, Minerals Engineering International